I was battling my demons yesterday at my computrainer class. Once my first setback occurred (in the 2nd of twenty intervals), things just kept popping in my head:
Too scary to be big in the blog. (Source)
What I’d like to do instead – next time these demons come out to play:
- remember the meditation principles: I’m focused just on the interval we’re doing right now
- Start keeping track of nutrition & cycling workouts. This was the 2nd time that I’ve had cramping/not digestive fun while cycling.
- Inject the ‘om’ back into my life. Really, where did my yoga go?
- Try to get in some easier cycling workouts. Maybe another one on some weeks. That may help with my overall confidence on the bike.
- Think about the mental training needed to go hard. Are there things I should be doing to strengthen mentally?
- there’s a reason why these workouts are hard. You’re paying for a professional to train you!
- Maybe I should look into when I schedule these workouts. Maybe it needs to be after a rest day.
What do you do when your demons come out to play? Any tips to share?