But one of my new bloggy friends Katie, nominated me for the Liebster Award!
The Liebster Award is an award given to up and coming bloggers who inspire you. The word Liebster is a German word and means Beloved, Dearest, or Favorite. This is such a sweet and loving award, and I am honored to be nominated!
Here is how it works:
-Write 11 random facts about yourself.
-Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you.
-Create 11 new questions.
-Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
-Go and tell the person who nominated you, along with the people you’ve nominated about your post.
11 Random Facts about Me
- I can make a mean latte, a leftover from my barista days in college
- I am certified in scuba diving, but know most of the terms in Spanish. I took the scuba course in Argentina during my study abroad travels.
- I prefer all the doors to the bedroom be closed. It’s hard for me to go to sleep if the doors are open (even a bathroom door at a hotel).
- I like Muscle Milk. I know – weird.
- I didn’t know how to ride a bike properly until about 5 years ago.
- Popcorn & Hot Chocolate or Lemonade was my favorite afternoon snack growing up.
- I’m short, but I’m a fan of flat shoes – ballet flats & Uggs all the way!
- I love gardening on my city balcony, but I think I spend more $$ on the plants than I would have buying the produce I get from it.
- I took a painting class my senior year of high school, and loved the water color unit.
- I also took marine biology as a class! That may have been my favorite.
- I prefer taking the bus over the L train.
Katie’s 11 Questions for me to answer:
1. What’s your biggest goal for 2013? My two biggest goals for 2013 are to complete a half ironman & also to run a 2:00 half marathon. I’ve got 11 minutes to take off my current PR!
2. What’s your favorite way to relieve stress? reading a book or magazine, and maybe a glass of red wine.
3. What’s your favorite beer? (or drink) Stouts! or Red Wine, or Coconut Water.
4. Workouts-morning or night? Morning!
5. What’s your biggest motivator? Amazing people.
6. What type of blog topics would you like to read about more on Live Half Full? More bagels! Seriously though, I love the recipes & “life hacks” you share!
7. What’s your favorite season and why? Spring & Fall – I like the temperate weather and flowers & leaves!
8. Any fun trips planned for 2013? So far, triathlon trips are the only ones on the calendar, but I’m hoping for something international or tropical – or both!
9. What’s your favorite current Television show? Chicago Fire. Although Pretty Little Liars is ranking up there!
10. Do you celebrate anniversaries with your significant other? We try to. We forgot our six month wedding anniversary, and will be on a road trip for our 1 year anniversary, but I did make reservations to a special restaurant for our engagement anniversary! (It’s easy to remember, ’cause he proposed at the Shamrock Shuffle!)
11. Do you cook dinner ever night? No. I am fortunate that my hubby likes to cook, as I’d leave us with cheese & crackers four nights a week! I enjoy cooking, just not every day. I’ve been keeping us fed w/ some “cook ahead” meals like Chili or casseroles this winter.
And My 11 Questions:
- What time did you go to bed last night?
- How do you feel about public speaking?
- If you were invisible, where would you go?
- What do you want to do for your next birthday?
- Where would you like to live when you retire?
- What’s your favorite strength move that is quick to do?
- What is your favorite pair of shoes?
- What type of art do you like best?
- Sweet or salty?
- Who is the last person you talked with on the phone?
- What is your mousepad like?
I nominate these 11 bloggers:
- Erin @ Loop Looks
- Sara @ Run GingerFoxx Run
- Emily @ Out & About
- Amanda @ Get to Goal
- Jeni @ Thyme & Love
- Anne @ Anne Really Blogs
- Jessica @ Sushi & Situps
- Alissa @ Breaking up with Captain Crunch
- Kim @ IlaxStudio
- Pete @ The Lakefront Trail
- Kayla @ Running: My Anti-drug
Play along by answering the questions in the comments section!