Rabbit Rabbit! Happy October!
I’m happy that we’re moving into the fall season, even if it is 80 degrees here in Chicago. How did September turn out? It was a busy month as I’m taking on more in my professional life. I also seemed to burn out a little (again) on running, so this was one of my lowest mileage months this year.
I’m ending the month though with the most running of all, and I am recommitting to my half marathon goal… and most likely the Charleston Marathon in January! I’ll be doing my highest mileage runs during the holidays, but I look forward to the challenge and to not feeling too much guilt in eating the xmas cookies! Plus, if Mike (who won’t ever work out for more than 90 minutes, or just under his half marathon time), is going to do a marathon, I might as well too .
- Races: Tri-Rock Lake Geneva Sprint Triathlon
- Miles Run: 16 miles
- Cycling Miles: 98 miles
- Swimming: 0.5 workouts
- Strength: 6 workouts
- Dishes Cooked: slow cooker bourbon chicken, enchiladas, kombucha.
- Travel: Madison WI, Lake Geneva, Hawaii.
- Run 3-4 x / week – not so much.
- 3 Swim Workouts — if we count races (1) and vacation water activities (2), then I’ve done 4 total. I.e. one 15 minute swim workout on its own.
- 5 Strength Workouts or Yoga - Mmm… 6 Strength Workouts, primarily with my personal trainer. No Yoga.
- Work on the Summer Bucket List!
Summer Bucket List:
On the Summer Bucket List, I’ve completed (through the end of September):
- Make enchiladas
- Cocktails on the deck (Mai Tai, in Hawaii)
- early AM run (in Hawaii)
While I clearly didn’t finish everything, this was a nice exercise to identify things that I ‘d like to do over the summer! As long as I’m not trying to do things just to check them off the list, I’m OK w/ making lists of things to do. I have enough on my “must do” lists for training for goal races & for work, that for fun I’m OK with not getting it all done.
- Recommit to Running.
- Keep up the Strength Workouts – 5 in the month
- Enjoy the month of October, including pumpkins & black cats.
- Go for a fall bike ride