On Saturday Mike & I took a Pasta Making Class at a nearby cooking school / foodie heaven called the Cooking Fools that we’d received as a Christmas gift.
Overall I had a lot of fun at this class, and enjoyed the hands-on nature of making pasta. It was a BYO class, so we picked up a bottle of chardonnay just prior to going into the class. On the class itself, I liked being able to see what the instructor did, and then copy that. I’m not sure I’ll make homemade pasta myself, but it’s not that hard so, maybe I’ll try my hand at it one of these days.
Steps to make pasta:
1. Make your dough. Make little dough balls and set aside to proof slightly.
2. Prep the sauces & fillings. Or drink some wine while you’re here.
3. Roll out your pasta dough using the pasta-making machine. We only used the flat setting, and then cut our pastas to shape.
4. Cut your pastas to shape. For ravioli, add the filling.
5. For ravioli, press them down before you cook them!
6. Place the pastas on a tray before you cook them.
7. Eat & Enjoy! Food coma.
Have you ever taken a cooking class? Yay? Nay?