This weekend was my Epic Weekend for Ironman Louisville triathlon training! I was up in Wisconsin, putting more stress on my legs. I pretty much was gone and working out from 6 AM to 7 PM on Saturday (and pooped thereafter!). I got the opportunity to spend more time with my favorite training buddies from Wellfit & Chicago Tri Club, and on the scenic Ironman Wisconsin course.
How to beat up your legs and put them back together in 72 hours:
- Swim, bike & run. make sure you kick on the swim. Kick ass on the hills (all 112 miles of them), and push yourself on the run.
- Run again the next day. Tempo if you dare.
- Sit in the car for 3 hours after to get them nice and stiff!
- Drink Muscle Milk after all workouts, and get adequate recovery carbs. Tater tots, beer and scones are all a plus.
- Wear compression shorts to work on Monday, and compression socks for any TV watching.
- Ice bath like a queen, and rule the compression boots!