Happy September! I hope everyone’s having a chill enough day back after the Labor Day holiday! The start of a new month means it’s time for the monthly recap!
August has been an interesting month. I started off the month recovering from the intense training and lack of time that Half Ironman training took up, did some good running, and decided on some new goals for the fall and 2014. I took more time to get together with friends and catch up, since that was one of the biggest things I missed during the height of my summer triathlon training season.
- Races: Zooma 10K & Madison Mini Marathon
- Miles Run: 51 miles
- Cycling Miles: 15 miles
- Swimming: 2 workouts
- Strength: 4 workouts
- Dishes Cooked: grilled sausages, slow cooker pulled pork.
My August Goals:
- Work on my Summer Bucket list! See below – progress made!
- Keep a balanced approach to eating, drinking, sleeping and movement. Track my eats on MyFitnessPal for 10 days. Not at all.
- One strength workout a week (at least) – I’m doing some strength workouts, will take it!
- Keep up my strengthening exercises – Keeping it up!
- Run for happiness & to get faster! – Am running for enjoyment!
Summer Bucket List:
On the Summer Bucket List, I’ve completed:
- Stand-up Paddleboarding during my Staycation!
- Day at the beach with friends (during sta-ation!)
- Swim at L1 (this almost feels like cheating, since I knocked 3 out in one day!)
Still to do:
- Cocktails on the deck
- go to a festival
- early AM run
- Make enchiladas
- Make a stand up desk (ok – not a summer necessity, but something I’d like to do at work)
- Read in the park sometime
- Go to the farmer’s market
- Swim at Sunrise
- Run 3-4 x / week
- 3 Swim Workouts
- 5 Strength Workouts or Yoga
- Work on the Summer Bucket List!
I’m gonna keep it simple in September and focus on keeping up my workouts. And to remind me to keep it simple, we have “Lily the Llama”!