Woo! It’s been a crazy busy week, so I’m catching up from last weekend still! As I stated earlier, I’m working on eating healthier and getting back into a regular workout routine in my efforts to lose weight before IMWI 2015 training starts (in February!). So this past week here were my workouts:
- Sunday – 9 mile run (I’m prepping for the Chicago Perfect 10 mile race next weekend 11/8)
- Monday – 1st Crossfit Elements class! Learned how to jump rope, burpee, and do kettlebell swings properly!
- Tuesday – Morning Run! and Vision Quest cycling later that night
- Wednesday – rest + an Oiselle Ladies Night at Live Grit
- Thursday – Crossfit Elements class #2
- Friday – Halloween Wedding event
- Saturday – rest (feeling a little under the weather)
- Sunday (today) – 10 mile run with CTC
Last Sunday I got the chance to meet up with some other Chicago Bloggers to try out a cooking class at Whole Foods Northbrook. Instructors Sarah and Robin were great in showing us how to cook protein-packed, plant-based food. We made some great dishes!
Homemade pasta with eggs for protein:
Veggie Primavera pasta sauce:
And then we made an avocado ranch salad dressing, using the Vitamix:
And went shopping for salad ingredients. I was surprised – we got a ton of stuff for less than $12, when we expected the ingredients we purchased to be over $20! I guess no more Whole Paycheck!
We also made a berry cobbler! This was delicious and I had fun trying some of the various potential toppings: coconut sugar, date sugar, some nuts I’d never had…
Robin also demo’ed some great ideas for smoothies and snack/dessert truffles that were delicious! Thank you to Whole Foods Northbrook for hosting us and teaching us about plant-based protein!
Some photos provided by my awesome cooking partner, Diana of Veggie Next Door.