Congratulations to Nicole Kesten for winning a race entry to the 13.1 Chicago Half Marathon! Email me for details!
I’m pretty proud of myself. I had a REALLY hard day at work on Tuesday, and my typical M.O. when I get super-stressed is to spend the evening begging out in front of the TV (
bottle glass of wine in hand). I really contemplated doing that last night, but instead forced myself to get to the gym for my ironman group workout(s). I ran slower than normal (my heart rate was elevated from the stress), but I got my workouts done.
And I felt better afterward.
That’s some progress.
March Goal Recap
- Continue to be consistent in training. Swim Bike Run Strength. Check. I have two weeks where I got most/all of the workouts done. Progress!
- Figure out a more manageable schedule. Yay - Progress!!!
- Run – and PR? – at the Shamrock Shuffle! Check! Although I did not state it, one of my ongoing goals at the Shamrock Shuffle is to start before Mike finishes. I failed on this one for 2014 by 11 seconds! I’ve actually only accomplished this once.
- Participate in the #ZoomaPhotoaDay challenge on Instagram. I participated for 2 days in a row, then left off.
- Have 3 weeks of training where I complete all scheduled workouts. (This allows for some flexibility for my upcoming vacation!!!)
- Pay attention to what I’m putting into my body.
- Try meditation. Some how.
- Eat oysters or crawfish. Something good.