Apparently I am the queen of w-word post titles. It’s been a long week, and I’m a bit nostalgic that February has wrapped up and we’re into March now. Here’s my Feb details:
- Races: None. It was kind of awesome.
- Miles Run: 30 miles; 6.25 hours
- Cycling Miles: 152 mile; 9.5 hours
- Swimming: 16986 yards; 6 hours
- Strength: 3.33 hours spent on strength
- Favorite Dishes Cooked: Spaghetti Squash Mac & Cheese, Creamy Spaghetti Squash Kale & Sausage Pasta. Note a trend?
- Travel: None. Also kind of awesome.
How I’m feeling:
A little overwhelmed. Ironman training started this month and I’m loving it.
I am loving Ironman training. I have two great coaches who are incredibly responsive, and an awesome group of people I’m training with (most are training for IMWI). But I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed between Work, IM training, Grad School (two classes at moment), and wanting to keep a semblance of life balance. The first month was about getting used to the routine and learning how to train. Effort-wise, definitely lower key than marathon training. We are doing lower heart rate training and I’m running at slower paces that I’ve trained at before. But it’s interesting to see that even within one month my pace at that heart rate has gotten faster.
Time management though, is key. I am remembering the time it takes to recover. Not physically, but mentally. I am also remembering that I need to fuel for training, and eat as healthfully as possible. Nourish the body, and also to nourish the soul.
I’ve also been paying attention to my body composition as a part of Ironman training. I’m not focused on weight as a number, but things like my power-to-weight ratio and pace at various heart rates.
- Continue to be consistent in training. Swim Bike Run Strength.
- Figure out a more manageable schedule.
- Run – and PR? – at the Shamrock Shuffle!
- Participate in the #ZoomaPhotoaDay challenge on Instagram