I’m so excited to be able to run a half marathon that I haven’t had the chance to before!
When I first moved to Chicago, I wasn’t running at all much, and I heard about a half marathon that was happening about two weeks after I officially settled into the city. I was intrigued – I’d only done one half marathon prior, and I thought this might be something I’d want to go watch and potentially run again in the future. That race was the Chicago Half Marathon. And in 2008 (when I moved to Chi-Town), it poured ALL DAY LONG. I stayed in my garden apartment and was afraid of flooding, but no way in he** that I was going outside to watch people running for 13 miles.
The race has redeemed itself over the past several years – I’ve gotten better at running, less afraid of rain, and I actually know people who’ve run it and not drowned! So I’m really excited to be running this half marathon this year, as a tune-up for the Chicago Marathon, and for free!
I’m also pleased to announce that I have an entry to give away to one lucky reader!
Chicago Half Marathon Giveaway Rules
- One reader will receive a free entry to the Chicago Half Marathon.
- Required to enter the giveaway: tell me your favorite pre-race food.
- Bonus entry: if you tweet, facebook or blog about this, then you will receive an extra entry!
- This giveaway is open until 5:00 PM CST on Tuesday July 24. I will announce the winner on Wednesday July 25.
- This giveaway is open to anyone who can make it to the race on September 9th!