I alluded to a big race goal in my new year’s post. I’ve been thinking about it for a while, and I finally bit the bullet and registered for 70.3 Racine!
Why I want to do a Half Ironman:
- I like the half marathon distance. I think it’s my favorite running distance
- I’ve loved the triathlons I did over the past two years
- I like the swimming & running components of triathlon — and have been working at my biking this past year
- I’m a glutton for heavy training!
- All my friends are doing it… Not a good reason, but many of my triathlon buddies are diving into the half iron training. Now that I know more people it’ll be much easier to find training buddies for those long bike rides! A number of them are targeting Racine as for their 70.3 race.
So wish me luck on July 21! Or that I won’t need luck…
Next up, figuring out my training group & training program. Just over 6 months to go!