Hello again! December is naturally a season of endings and beginnings, and I feel like it’s even more so this year!
- Old job. Today’s my last day. I’m excited for what’s to come, and sad to leave some great people I met over this year.
- Injury. I took off most of November from running and swimming due to my bruised (or broken?) ribs. I was glad that my Thanksgiving turkey trot brought me some hope, and I’ve been getting back into a regular training routine this month.
- Clutter. I’m on a clutter rampage. Get it out of the house! Huge bags of stuff going to the donation center, and trash bags. I read the Kon Mari method this fall and it’s had an impact on me!
- End of the 2015 athletic season. I accomplished some crazy things: an Ironman PR, feeling faster and stronger than before, some speedy (for me) swim times, etc. I’m pretty happy with how things turned out!
- New job. I’m excited to start in January at a new job in the Loop! I’ve never actually worked in the loop before, so working in a high-rise is going to be an experience in and of itself. (For those outside of Chicago, that’s the main downtown area. I’ve always worked in neighborhoods, and most recently in the suburbs).
- Coaching! I got my USA Triathlon Level 1 Coach certification yesterday.
- 2016 Goals. I’ve got a few things that I’m mulling over. Some running, some triathlon. Life stuff too. More on these later.
- Being coached. I’ve always done group training programs, and I’m taking the dive into having a 1-on-1 triathlon/running coach for myself for running and triathlon next year. I’m eager to see what I can accomplish, and learn from the experience as well.
- Strength Work. It’s been the one thing I was able to do consistently this fall AND enjoy it. I love feeling like I’m getting stronger. I’m definitely improving in the weights I’m lifting, and I think it helped me to get back to running and swimming without too much of a drop-off on my paces!
Linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday!