Happy Friday! Coming to you today to share some of what I’m seeing on trends in the Chicago fitness community. I’d love to hear what’s new and exciting in your area!
- High Intensity Interval classes – I recently tried Fit36, which is just now opening in Chicago (still have free classes through their Grand Opening Week of March 18!) I’m loving how HIIT classes are trending toward heavier weights. That’s great as most of us need to build up strength and muscle mass!
- Triathlons – maybe it’s just me, but it seems like more and more people are doing them. Not that I’m complaining. 🙂 You know I love to talk all things triathlon!
- Mindfulness. I’ve started seeing mindfulness classes showing up when I explore on MindBody for new classes in my area. Not just mindfulness in yoga, but classes focused entirely on that aspect. Whether or not you consider it a workout, I personally want to work more on my mindfulness and meditation practice.
- Women’s Focused Workouts. Again, maybe it’s just me, but I’m loving seeing these!
- Going Faster, not just further. Along the same lines as HIIT, instead of marathon training, getting faster overall. I’m super proud to share that I ran an 8 minute mile last night… although with a 1 minute break at the half way point! One step closer to one of my bucket list items for this year!
What are you seeing as fitness trends this spring?