Galena, here we come!
I’m ready for my first outdoor triathlon of the season.
1. Awesome Tri Club kick-off party last Friday.
This is where you know where the tri club meeting is…
Brian & Joy!!
Is this on right?
Watch me dominate!
Thanks Goose Island!
2. Kick-Ass ride with my bud Christina. We’re road-tripping it up to no-man’s land Illinois, and she & her hubby both offered to carpool me & my bike there… and I didn’t even know it! We also complete successful rides. Success = no crashes.
Love the neon helmet!
3. New outfit for Galena – tri club kit. Don’t mind the chub.
Apparently I like photos of my legs
Emma, sorry you’re not coming along for the ride
4. ROAD TRIP!!! I enjoy getting away for the weekend to do races, so I’m looking forward not only to Galena, but my mini trips later this summer for Pleasant Prairie and RACINE!!!
5. Getting my own online poster! I got this from Tri Creative, a graphic design firm based in Couer D’Alene, Idaho.
Who’s racing this weekend? What are you looking forward to most about your event?
Today’s Take Time Tuesday is my sharing of an article I found in Real Simple Magazine that I want to share. Remember every little step in the right direction adds up!
Getting healthier is a marathon, not a sprint: It’s the result of hundreds of little decisions that we make over the long haul
And the list of 21 Tips
- Smile – Especially if you don’t feel like it
- Tune up your commute
- Pledge your loyalty to Vitamin C…
- …And to Retinoids, Too
- Snack on Dark ChocolateTake It Lying Down
- Use Some Magic Words
- Get Some “Microexercise”
- Get Some Perspective on Facebook
- Try Nature’s Chill Pills
- Take a Hike
- Create an “Electronic Shutdown”
- Ditch the Dust Ruffle
- Go Sweet on Maple Syrup
- Buy the Prettier Tissue Box
- Eat Some Berries
- Focus on the Negative (Just this Once)
- Use Your Head When Eating
- Watch out for “Waisted” Energy
- Don’t Sweat It
- Put Some Socks on at Bedtime
My favorite tips are #s 14, 15, 20. I want to work on #7 more. Which tips are the ones you like the most? Which one do you want to tackle?
1. Triathletes in training: The ChiTriBlogger is hosting a giveaway of bike trainer software. If you have a bike trainer, this will help you to leverage & complete intervals indoors. Check it out – giveaway ends May 31!
Other goodies & giveaways:
2. I want to listen to a good beach read via Books on Tape. Any good suggestions that I should check out on ITunes?
3. I am so coveting this right now. I want the medal. I want the aches & soreness. I want to hear my name, and I want a tattoo like this on my ankle or hip.